- Import the appliance in Virtualbox (File->Import Appliance, accept default configuration)
- Run the machine in headless mode (Machine->Start->Headless Start)
- NEW Wait that the machine boots and then connect via ssh with
ssh docker@localhost -p2222password
rootpassword) (NOTE: this has been updated due to the problems with host only network in windows 10 and now works on localhost port 2222)
- NEW When you run a docker container you can use port 2223 to map any port of the container to your host. For example:
docker run -p2223:22 --rm -it mycontainer bash
binds port 22 (ssh) of
mycontainerto port 2223. Then you can directly ssh to
mycontainerfrom you host using that port.
If you need to map more than one port at the same time, go to setting->network (adapter 1)->Advanced->Port Forwarding and add another entry as needed.
- Run your preferred docker images
Note: feel free of changing the user and root password if you wish and add you preferred Alpine packages!